Whole Medjool dates are the true bounty of Bard Valley. Traditionalists believe it’s the best way to enjoy a Medjool date. Fitness enthusiasts praise its pre and post-workout benefits. It’s a grab-and-go whole fruit snack fit for everyone. And you can even find them in the fresh produce department, too.
Sonora Valley 454g Whole
Sonora Valley Premium Grade 5kg Medjool Dates.
Harvested in the Bard Valley, California, these Medjool Dates are shipped directly to Australia and are ready to be sent to your front door.
A perfect micro climate along the Colorado River, our premium Medjool dates are a pure and wholesome superfood picked straight off the tree at the peak of ripeness. They’re so plump and naturally sweet, it’s hard to believe that the only thing we add is sunshine and water.
Medjool dates demand a very specific set of growing conditions where high heat, low humidity and plentiful water meet. Lucky for you, we found the perfect location within a 150-square-mile radius at the intersection of Arizona, California and Mexico.
Bathed in sunshine and nourished by the Colorado River, Bard Valley is home to America’s favourite Medjool date.
Did you know?
– In 1944, there remained 9 surviving date palms from the 11 original palms that were transplanted from Morocco to stave off extinction. Six offshoots from those surviving Medjool palms – now known as the original 6 – were transplanted in Bard Valley, CA, starting what would become the largest Medjool date growing region in the U.S.
– Almost all of the Medjool date palms in the southwest U.S. can be traced back to the original 6 offshoots.
– Date palms are propogated from other dates shoots, not from seeds.
– Each Medjool date growing season is a six-month process of meticulous care for our date palms that produces the incredibly plump and flavorful fruit that Natural Delights is known for.
– 100% of our tree trimmings are turned into mulch.
– Our ripening facilities are warmed by thermal energy from the sun.
– Drip irrigation is used on over 2,200 acres to conserve water
– Sonora Valley are 100% glyphosate free